Uh, the bloat, the pain, so awful right? If you feel bloated too often, this is a MUST read. There are things you can do TODAY to start taking control over the bloat so you love the way you look in those skinny jeans! I am rather passionate about bloating and belly pain because I experienced it for over 10 years. I have spent hundreds of hours doing my own research and trying my own remedies and have become a self-declared expert on belly fat. Here are 5 things you can start doing IMMEDIATELY to win the battle of the bulge.
- Drink ½ your weight in ounces of water and add lemon slices to the water. When you don’t drink enough water, your body holds on to the water already in your body and will not get rid of any. This means the water in your body will be used for every day bodily functions and will cause you to appear bloated. Consuming more water is the only way to get rid of the bloat. Lemon is a natural detoxifier and will help eliminate the excess water in our belly.
- Sleep 8 Hours. A recent study published in the journal SLEEP found that sleep deprivation is related to increases in abdominal fat. Persons sleeping less than five hours a night gained more abdominal fat over a five year period, versus those who averaged over six hours per night. If you want to lose belly fat, aim for 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
- Consume more fiber. Studies show that people getting 25 grams or more of fiber a day feel fuller and eat less bloat causing foods. Add more apples, berries, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and whole grains to your diet and the 25 grams will be easily attainable!
- Eat more fat. The right kind of fat that is. Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs)—found in some nuts and oils—help you stay lean. Add a few servings a day and you will be on your way to a flatter belly!
- Reduce stress. Yes, I know we here this all the time. The truth is that when we get stressed, our cortisol levels elevate and this causes us to store fat in our bellies. The next time you feel stress coming on, relax and take 5 deep breathes. Get in the habit of intentionally taking action to reduce stress and your belly will thank you!
For a complete plan on winning the war against belly bloat and fat, see my 10 Day Flat Belly plan complete with meal plans, recipes, and a workout plan!
With love and respect,